Community Services

Community Services - Snohomish County Medical SocietyChildren with Special Health Care Needs

Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) is a program offered through Snohomish Health District.

The CSHCN program has home visiting public health nurses available that can provide: developmental screening, nutrition and growth screening, and case management services. Our goal is to assist the primary care provider in coordinating care for their client.

The CSHCN program also provides linkages and coordination of services for all children with special needs and pre-term infants with medical concerns, regardless of income. Limited direct medical services, equipment and supplies may be provided to those families that meet financial and other program eligibility requirements.

To make a referral to the CSHCN program in Snohomish County, please call 425.339.8652. For more information regarding this program, please visit our website at

Referral Service

Looking for a good doctor? Our referral service can connect you with physicians whose training, background, office location, and special treatment interests are specifically tailored to your needs. Simply call the Snohomish County Medical Society at (206) 956-3624 during normal business hours and our helpful staff will work with your requirements to find the doctor you want. You also can visit our Physician Locator section for a complete directory of our physician members. Search by name or specialty to find the doctor who is right for you.

Advance Health Care Directive, POLST

Washington law gives you the ability to insure that your health care wishes are known and considered if you become unable to make these decisions yourself. Completing a form called a “Physician Orders for Life-Sustaining Treatment (POLST)” allows you, under Washington law, to write down your health care wishes in the Advance Health Care Directive form – for example, a desire not to receive treatment that only prolongs the dying process if you are terminally ill. Your doctor and your agent must follow your lawful instructions.

The POLST forms are available from the WSMA, for a nominal fee through the Snohomish County Medical Society. Call for information: (206) 956-3624.

Snohomish Health District
Click here to visit the website.