The Snohomish County Medical Society trustees have created a scholarship/grant for residents in Snohomish county. SCMS will award a scholarship recipient up to $2,500.00 to go towards a residents community project.
The guidelines for the scholarship and grant are that the resident be in good standing within their program and a SCMS resident member. The essay portion of the scholarship asks each resident “Why they chose to be a physician” and then explain their residency community project. The grant is for up to $2,500.00 and due January 29, 2021.
The recipient for 2020 was selected. Congratulations Dr. Kirstin Hansen of Sea Mar for her Walk with a Doc Community Project.
Below are the grant guidelines for the community project each resident must discuss:
Residency Community Project Grant Guidelines for 2021:
1. Improve community Health Literacy and patient advocacy
2. Increase the use of telemedicine for community medical practices
3. Improve physician participation in the Accountable Communities of Health
4. Address community and health care priority for public health
5. Strengthen the doctor-patient relationship in health care delivery
6. Review the needs and opportunities for charitable care.
7. Define the health care needs of the non-citizen component of our population
If you are a resident and member of SCMS, click here to fill out the online application: click here.Application Form